CIWM (WAMITAB) level 2 RQF Training –
Sustainable Waste Management Operative
CIWM (WAMITAB) stands for the Waste Management Industry Training & Advisory Board. They have developed over 120 qualification pathways to choose from to ensure competence in the workplace and to promote environmental sustainability. EnviroAwards are a CIWM (WAMITAB) approved training provider and assessment centre which are able to deliver a range of regulated qualifications ranging from level 1 RQF (entry level) to level 4 RQF (COTC/OCC). Through our network of specialist assessors, we provide our services nationwide to deliver training, assessment & mentoring to organisations and individuals alike.
CIWM (WAMITAB) Level 2 Certificate for Sustainable Waste Management Operative
The CIWM (WAMITAB) Level 2 Certificate for Sustainable Waste Management Operative is ideal for new entrants to the industry or experienced workers that want recognition that they possess the competence required to work as waste site operatives within the waste and resource management industry. This qualification supports direct entry to the waste and resource management industry for a range of job roles. It also supports career progression for existing employees that want a formal qualification and learning opportunities to take their career to the next stage.
What are the entry requirements
This qualification is open entry. This means that learners interested in undertaking the CIWM (WAMITAB) Level 2 Certificate for Sustainable Waste Management Operative do not require any other qualifications or levels of attainment in order to undertake this qualification. Learners will however need to be employed in a suitable position, or have access to the working environment, as the qualification is assessed ‘on the job’. if you do not have access to the working environment, then the Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Sustainable Resource Management will be more appropriate. Please select this qualification from the tabs above.
What job role could the level 2 Certificate lead to or support?
This qualification is ideal for people seeking entry to the waste and resource management sector, or those who are already working and require evidence of their competence. It is a flexible qualification that can be tailored to meet the requirements of specific job roles in the sector or within a particular organisation – these job roles include:
- Waste Operative
- Waste Team Leader
- Weighbridge Operator/Clerk
- Waste Transportation (Drivers)
- Plant Operative/Operators
- Transfer Station Operatives
- Recycling Operative
- Compost Operative
- Household Waste and Recycling Operative
- Material Recovery Operative
- Waste/Recycling Collection Driver
- Manual/Mechanical Street Cleaner
- Landfill Operative
Candidates will have the opportunity to select the appropriate pathway depending on their job role or prospective role(s). after completion, candidates that are interested in advancing their careers through further education can go onto study qualifications at a higher level, including:
- CIWM (WAMITAB) Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Sustainable Resource Management
What will I learn whilst studying the CIWM (WAMITAB) Level 2 Certificate for Sustainable Waste Management Operative?
The CIWM (WAMITAB) Level 2 Certificate for Sustainable Waste Management Operative consists of 50 units. To achieve this qualification, learners must complete 10 units. The optional units can be selected based on what is most appropriate to their job role or for an operative transitioning into a new job role that requires them to demonstrate their competence
To achieve this qualification, learners must complete 10 units. This will require them to complete:
All of the units in Group A (the mandatory group)
One unit from Group B
Any three units from the remaining Groups
Group A (Mandatory Units)
- Work with others to improve customer service
- Conforming to productive working practices in the workplace
- Maintain a healthy and safe working environment for waste management activities
- Working with other people
- Contribute to the sustainability, maintenance and preservation of the environment
- Comply with emergency procedures on waste management activities
Group B (Optional Units)
- Set objectives and provide support for team members
- Plan, allocate and monitor work of a team
- Operate the Weighbridge
- Process received waste
- Manual collection of waste
- Transportation of waste
Group C (Optional Units)
- Unloading a hazardous waste transport vehicle
- Unloading a non-hazardous waste transport vehicle
- Unloading an inert waste transport vehicle
Group D (Optional Units)
- Loading a waste transport vehicle
- Loading a Hazardous Waste Transport Vehicle
- Loading a Non-Hazardous Waste Transport Vehicle
- Loading an Inert Waste Transport Vehicle
Group E (Optional Units)
- Maintain the security of waste management facilities
- Conduct environmental monitoring on a waste management facility
Group F (Optional Units)
- Support customer service improvements
- Manage the traffic office
- Manage own professional development within an organisation
- Participate in meetings
- Support learning and development within own area of responsibility
- Resolve customer service problems
- Conform to General Workplace Environmental Requirements
- Direct Vehicle Movements on Site
- Organise the transportation of loads in a waste environment
- Contribute to the provision of customer service in a waste environment
- Validation of waste
- Acceptance of waste
- Support safety around waste collection vehicles
- General duties on waste facilities
- Direct waste delivery crews on a waste management facility
- Store waste and operating materials within a waste management facility
- Dispatch stored and received waste
- Revise planned waste transport operations
- Control and carry out landfill operations
- Clean and adjust small plant and equipment
- Oversee waste process operations
- Maintain the condition of waste process equipment
- Exchange responsibility for control of waste processing operations
- Mechanically handle waste
- Contribute to maintaining sustainable development and environmental good practice at work
- Manual handling, lifting and moving of loads in a waste environment
- Control the risk from vehicle and plant movements on waste management facilities
- Operate equipment to install, remove and replace containers for waste
- Transportation of waste
How will I be assessed?
You will be allocated an assessor. The assessor is the person you will have the most contact with as you work towards gaining your qualification. They will help you identify any training you need, help you plan your workload and organise your evidence, observe you carrying out your job in the workplace over a period of time, ask questions about the work you do, make decisions about your evidence and judge when you are competent. They will provide formative and summative feedback throughout the assessment process so that you are aware of what units you have achieved and also any areas where the work has not met the standards. Once the assessor is confident that you have met all of the criteria, you will be awarded the CIWM (WAMITAB) Level 2 Certificate for Sustainable Waste Management Operative
What happens if I fail to meet the standards?
These qualifications are competence based. If you fail to demonstrate competence in a particular area, your assessor will give you feedback on where you can improve. You can then resubmit the work for assessment. There are no additional costs incurred for this process.
How much does the CIWM (WAMITAB) Level 2 Certificate for Sustainable Waste Management Operative Cost?
We are one of the most competitively priced CIWM (WAMITAB) training providers in the UK. We have a passion for Education and Training, especially in the waste, resource and environmental sector. This is primarily due to the major skills deficit within our industry. We are trying our best to overcome this through the training services we provide. We want our qualifications to be more accessible to organisations and individuals alike. One of the ways in which we achieve this is by making them more affordable. Our price includes everything you need to succeed. There are no hidden fees when you study with us.
|CIWM (WAMITAB) Level 2 Certificate for Sustainable Waste Management Operative|
|£1735.00 + VAT|
If you are looking at registering more than 1 learner onto the Certificate, please contact us as we can give discounts for multiple learners being assessed on the same site.
10% Discount for medium/large organisations that would like to make us an approved supplier for CIWM (WAMITAB) training
7.5% Discount for every additional person that enrols (learners must enrol at the same time and be working at the same site)
5% Loyalty discount for companies that have used us before
What happens after I have enrolled?
We will register the learner(s) with the Awarding Body CIWM (WAMITAB). We will then allocate the learner with an assessor who will be their primary point of contact throughout their award. Learners will be able to contact their assessor for untapped support for up to 24 months.
Want to enrol or find out more?
Please call us to speak to one of our friendly members of the team. Alternatively, drop us an email and we will aim to get back to you as soon as possible.